Summary of Responsibilities of Program Chair
- Arrange For Invited Address(es)
- Banquet and/or luncheon speakers
- Any workshops, minicourses, or panels
- Personal connections
- Connections of other officers
- Visiting Lecture Programs - MAA, SIAM
- Secretary of MAA will provide for one speaker per year, if requested
- Previous speakers at various other meetings
- Liaison with Local Arrangements Coordinator
- Rooms, Moderators
- Representative of Host Institution to Present Welcoming Remarks
- Coffee, Tea, Doughnuts
- Banquet and/or Luncheon
- Registration (Assistants to Section Treasurer)
- Book Exhibits - space and assistance with locating and setting up rooms
- Equipment for Paper Sessions
- Various Letters
- Have copies of Call for papers available at each meeting and in each
preliminary announcement (arrange with Newsletter Editor).
- Acknowledgment of abstract with confirmation of talk and thank you for
- Final copy of program to Newsletter Editor.
- Thank you to invited speaker(s) and copy of schedule to all speakers.
- Arrange with Treasurer for reimbursement of expenses to invited speaker(s).
- Notify Secretary of names and addresses of students who present on Program.
- At the Meeting
- Provide sheet with titles, 3-4 line abstracts, and location of contributed papers.
- Introduce invited speaker(s).
- Have posted outside each room the title of paper currently being presented.
- Cater to invited speaker(s).
Helen Christensen, revised 7/94