- Please note that the date for the spring meeting has changed to April 24-25.
- The Section Teaching Award Committee has decided, for the 2015 award year, to open up the full nomination
process to all members and not just those who were nominated in the first step. The full nomination packets are due on Friday January 23, 2015.
Please see the nominations page for details.
- The University of Maryland is hosting the Kirwan Mathematics Festival on March 10, 2015, in celebration of
William "Brit" Kirwan's 50 years as a mathematician. Speakers include Charles Fefferman, Mark Green, Uri Treisman, and
Lawrence Zalcman. For more information and to register, visit https://cmns.umd.edu/kirwan-math-festival.
Congratulations to Bud Brown of Virginia Tech, the 2014 winner of the
Sister Helen Christensen Service Award!
- Fall meeting highlights - The Fall 2014 Meeting of the
MD-DC-VA section of the MAA was held at Bowie State University, on November 7-8, 2014.
- The Fall 2014 Newsletter
is online. Highlights include: Fall meeting at Bowie State, Section Reports, News, Events, and more.
- Congratulations to Roland Minton of Roanoke College, the 2014 winner of the
John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching!
- Spring 2014 Meeting Highlights
- Book Sale Notice:
Since Spring 2013, all section members have been able to receive their section meeting
discount on books online.
- Section History Blog:
The section is currently accumulating information on section history.
We are interested in information and stories about section meetings, summer
workshops, people, newsletters and institutions. If you have anything to contribute
please make a comment in the appropriate post.
If you are not receiving e-mail notifications about MAA news and conferences you
may need to activate your e-mail address with the MAA. To do so please click on the
- Subscribe to the MAA E-mail List
Future Meeting Locations and Dates
- Spring 2015: Hollins University and Roanoke College, April 24-25, 2015
- Fall 2015: St. Mary's College of Maryland, November 6-7, 2015