- Nominations for the John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching
are being accepted until Friday, November 21. The awardee will be honored at the Spring 2015 meeting of the Section and will be widely recognized and acknowledged within the Section.
The awardee will also be the official Section nominee for the 2016 MAA Deborah and Franklin Tepper Haimo Award for Distinguished College
or University Teaching of Mathematics.
Congratulations to Bud Brown of Virginia Tech, the 2014 winner of the
Sister Helen Christensen Service Award!
- Fall meeting highlights - The Fall 2014 Meeting of the
MD-DC-VA section of the MAA was held at Bowie State University, on November 7-8, 2014.
- The Fall 2014 Newsletter
is online. Highlights include: Fall meeting at Bowie State, Section Reports, News, Events, and more.
- Congratulations to Roland Minton of Roanoke College, the 2014 winner of the
John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching!
- Spring 2014 Meeting Highlights
- Book Sale Notice:
Since Spring 2013, all section members have been able to receive their section meeting
discount on books online.
- Section History Blog:
The section is currently accumulating information on section history.
We are interested in information and stories about section meetings, summer
workshops, people, newsletters and institutions. If you have anything to contribute
please make a comment in the appropriate post.
If you are not receiving e-mail notifications about MAA news and conferences you
may need to activate your e-mail address with the MAA. To do so please click on the
- Subscribe to the MAA E-mail List
Future Meeting Locations and Dates
- Spring 2015: Hollins University and Roanoke College, April 17-18, 2015
- Fall 2015: St. Mary's College of Maryland, November 6-7, 2015