- The Fall 2015 Meeting of the MD-DC-VA section of the MAA
will be held at St. Mary's College of Maryland, on November 6-7, 2015.
On Friday, Edwin O'Shea of James Madison University will run a workshop on Euclid's Elements Across the Modern Curriculum, and Robert (Bob) Bosch
of Oberlin College will give the banquet address, Opt Art. The Saturday Morning Address, The Ubiquity of Mathematical Biology,
will be given by Talitha Washington of Howard University, and the Saturday Afternoon Address, A 'Mod'ern Mathematical Adventure in Call of Duty: Black Ops
will be given by Heidi Hulsizer of Hampden-Sydney College.
- Congratulations to Caren Diefenderfer of Hollins University, the 2015 winner of the
John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching!
- Spring meeting highlights - The Spring 2015 Meeting of the
MD-DC-VA section of the MAA was held at Roanoke College, on April 24-25, 2015.
- Genevieve Knight of Coppin State University is the 2015 IPC Recipient of Dr. Etta Z. Falconer Award for Mentoring &
Commitment to Diversity.
Dr. Knight received the award at the Infinite Possibilities Conference in Corvallis, Oregon.
Shown is Dr. Knight with Dr. Sastry Pantula, Dean of the College of Science at Oregon State University, formerly of the NSF.
Congratulations to Bud Brown of Virginia Tech, the 2014 winner of the
Sister Helen Christensen Service Award!
- The Fall 2014 Newsletter
is online. Highlights include: Fall meeting at Bowie State, Section Reports, News, Events, and more.
- Book Sale Notice:
Since Spring 2013, all section members have been able to receive their section meeting
discount on books online.
- Section History: The section is currently accumulating information on section history.
We are interested in information and stories about section meetings, summer
workshops, people, newsletters and institutions. If you have anything to contribute,
please contact Betty Mayfield, Jon Scott, or Caren Diefenderfer, or email the webmaster.
If you are not receiving e-mail notifications about MAA news and conferences you
may need to activate your e-mail address with the MAA. To do so please click on the
- Subscribe to the MAA E-mail List
Future Meeting Locations and Dates
- Fall 2015: St. Mary's College of Maryland, November 6-7, 2015