- The Fall 2018 Newsletter
is online. Highlights include the fall meeting at the University of Mary Washington, section representative's report, chair's report, running a Sonia Kovalevsky Mathematics Day, unusual courses, lots of news from around the section, and more.
- Fall meeting highlights - The Fall 2018 Meeting of the
MD-DC-VA section of the MAA was held at the University of Mary Washington on November 2 – 3, 2018.
- See this page or this pdf for information on 2018-19 funding opportunities from the MAA.
Congratulations to Dan Kalman of American University, the 2018 winner of the
Sister Helen Christensen Service Award!
- If you are interested in making a nomination for either the John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching or the Sister Helen Christensen Service Award, please the Smith Award nomination page and the
Christensen Award nomination page.
- Section History: The section is always looking for information on section history.
We are interested in information and stories about section meetings, summer
workshops, people, newsletters and institutions. If you have anything to contribute,
please email the webmaster.
Future Meeting Locations and Dates
- Spring 2019: Hood College and Frederick County Community College, April 12 – 13, 2019
- Fall 2019: Norfolk State University November 8 – 9, 2019