Congratulations to Eve Torrence of Randolph-Macon College, the 2019 winner of the
Sister Helen Christensen Service Award!
- On November 21, there will be a talk cosponsered by the section in Washington, DC. It is entitled Bringing Statistics Education Up to Data, given by Danny Kaplan and Carol L. Howald. See here for more details.
- Fall meeting highlights - The Fall 2019 Meeting of the
MD-DC-VA section of the MAA was held at Norfolk State University on November 8 – 9, 2019.
- The Fall 2019 Newsletter
is online. Highlights include the fall meeting at Norfolk State University, Section Chair and Section Representative reports, lots of Section news and events, a crossword, Erdős numbers, and more.
- See this announcement for information on the 3rd Northeast Conference for Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education held Saturday, October 5, at York College, CUNY in Jamaica, Queens, NYC.
Congratulations to Della Dumbaugh of the University of Richmond, the 2019 winner of the
John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching!
- If you are interested in making a nomination for either the John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching or the Sister Helen Christensen Service Award, please the Smith Award nomination page and the
Christensen Award nomination page.
- Section History: The section is always looking for information on section history.
We are interested in information and stories about section meetings, summer
workshops, people, newsletters and institutions. If you have anything to contribute,
please email the webmaster.
Future Meeting Locations and Dates
- Spring 2020: Salisbury University, April 24 – 25, 2020
- Fall 2020: Longwood University, November 6 – 7, 2020
- Spring 2021: James Madison University, dates TBD