- The Spring 2019 Newsletter
is online. Highlights include the spring meeting at Hood and FCC, Section Chair and Section Representative reports, Section news and events, Section undergrad essay competition winning entry, a crossword, and more.
- Spring meeting highlights - The Spring 2019 Meeting of the
MD-DC-VA section of the MAA was held at the Hood College and FCC on April 12 – 13, 2019.
Congratulations to Della Dumbaugh of the University of Richmond, the 2019 winner of the
John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching!
Congratulations to Dan Kalman of American University, the 2018 winner of the
Sister Helen Christensen Service Award!
- If you are interested in making a nomination for either the John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching or the Sister Helen Christensen Service Award, please the Smith Award nomination page and the
Christensen Award nomination page.
- Section History: The section is always looking for information on section history.
We are interested in information and stories about section meetings, summer
workshops, people, newsletters and institutions. If you have anything to contribute,
please email the webmaster.
Future Meeting Locations and Dates
- Spring 2019: Hood College and Frederick County Community College, April 12 – 13, 2019
- Fall 2019: Norfolk State University, November 8 – 9, 2019
- Spring 2020: Salisbury University, April 24 – 25, 2020