- The Spring 2018 Newsletter
is online. Highlights include: Spring meeting at W&L and VMI, Governor's report, Chair's report, First and second place essays of the Section UG Essay Competition, News, and more.
- Spring meeting highlights - The Spring 2018 Meeting of the
MD-DC-VA section of the MAA was held at Washington and Lee and VMI on April 13-14, 2018.
Congratulations to David Kung of St. Mary's College, the 2017 winner of the
Sister Helen Christensen Service Award!
- If you are interested in making a nomination for either the John M. Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching or the Sister Helen Christensen Service Award, please the Smith Award nomination page and the
Christensen Award nomination page.
- Section History: The section is currently accumulating information on section history.
We are interested in information and stories about section meetings, summer
workshops, people, newsletters and institutions. If you have anything to contribute,
please email the webmaster.
Future Meeting Locations and Dates
- Fall 2018: Mary Washington University, November 2-3, 2018
- Spring 2019: Hood College and Frederick County Community College, Dates TBA