If you are an undergraduate writing a mathematics paper this year, consider submitting it for a prize in our yearly Student Mathematical Papers Prize Competition. The deadline is June 15.
The papers will be judged over the summer. The winning author(s) will be recognized at the MAA EPaDel Section's following Fall meeting, and will receive a prize of $200.
Submissions should include a brief abstract, the author's name and address, and the name of a faculty sponsor, and should be mailed to the postal address below or emailed as a pdf attachment (preferred) to Eric Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Eric B. Kahn
Department of Mathematical and Digital Sciences
400 E. 2nd Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Congratulations to Westley Mildenhall of Bryn Mawr College, winner of the 2017 Student Paper Prize, for the paper Chaotic Systems of Geodesics on Surfaces of Revolution.
Below is a list of past winners of the student paper prize.
- 2016 E. Simon Williams, Further Generalizations of Happy Numbers
- 2015 Francis George, Locally Contractive Maps on Perfect Polish Ultrametric Spaces
- 2014 Madeline Hanson-Colvin, Everywhere Continuous Nowhere Differentiable Functions
- 2013 Sam Krupa, Numerical Analysis of Target Enumeration via Euler Characteristic Integrals
- 2012 Kathryn Link Guinea, Worm Disease (Dracunculiasis): Opening a mathematical can of worms!
- 2011 Theodore J. Yoder, An Introduction to the Riemann Hypothesis
- 2010 Naomi Hamermesh, Mathematical modeling of climate change
- 2009 Dmytro Yeroshkin, New Results in Exponential Families
- 2008 Adam Lizzi, The Conway-Schneeberger Fifteen Theorem
- 2007 Ben Anderson, Melodic Progressions with Harmonious Connections
- 2006 Allison Cutler, Symmetric Mean Inequalities
- 2005 Andrew Baxter, Combinatorial Properties of Billiards on an Equilateral Triangle
- 2004 Stephen May, Invariant Probability Measures on the Baker's Map
- 2003 Joel Mohler, Geodesics on a Conical Drinking Cup with Lid
- 2002 Bobby Kelly, Mathematics of Musical Rhythm