Section Activities Grants Program Design
(approved 4/22/95, revised 8/24/10)
To assist Section members fund projects in support of Section Mission.
- Applications will be solicited and reviewed once a year. Applications are due November 1st of each year.
- Each application will be reviewed by two (non-officers) members of the Section.
- Based on reviewer's reports, Executive Committee will award grants.
- The chair-elect/past-chair and governor of the section will form a Section Grants Activities Committee to facilitate the selection and review process. This committee will also be responsible for overseeing the raising of monies to support the Section Activities Grants.
- Project director must be a member of MAA.
- Grants will not exceed $750 per project: matching funds from host institution preferred, but not required.
- Project must be clearly tied to one or more of the Rocky Mountain Section Mission Goals.
- Application materials will include the following materials:
- Description of project (no more than one page)
- Statement of how project supports Mission Goals (no more than one page)
- Estimated budget
- Description of additional funds available, if any
- Vitae of project director(s)
- If funded, a report on the project will be filed by the Project Director upon completion (no more than one page) and a report will be made at the next meeting of the Section.
Funding Mechanism Proposal
: To raise and maintain a Section Grants Fund to support as many as six $500 annual awards.
Eventual Annual Funds Required:
$ 3000 plus costs
Possible Sources of Funds:
- Supplementary Dues designated specifically for the support of Section Activities Grants program.
Dues would be collected by the section on a voluntary basis.
- Corporate Contributions to be phased in once the fund has been set up.