Mathematical Association of America
Allegheny Mountain Section
Serving Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia
Welcome to the home page of the Allegheny Mountain Section of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA), serving mathematicians in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Our members have a passionate interest in both mathematics and mathematics education. Our annual meetings include a rich variety of mathematical and social activities of interest to both faculty and students.
The Fall 2019 Section Newsletter is now available; check it out by clicking here!
Call for Nominations (section awards) (deadline for nominations: 6 March 2020)
- Teaching Award: please send nominations to Dr. Courtney Nagle, Penn State Behrend, at firstname.lastname@example.org (see this page for more information)
- Service Award: please send nominations to Dr. Pamela Wovchko, West Virginia Wesleyan College, at email@example.com (see this page for more information)
- Mentor Award: please send nominations to Dr. Jared Burns, Seton Hill University, at firstname.lastname@example.org (see this page for more information)
- Call for Nominations (2020-2021 Officers) (deadline for officer nominations is 24 January 2020)
- For all nominations, please include the name of the nominee, the institution of the nominee, and an e-mail address of the nominee.
- Nominations are open for the following positions in the section (please send nominations to Dr. Kim Roth, Juniata College, at email@example.com):
- Second Vice-Chair
- Section NExT Co-Coordinator (appointed by executive committee)
- Director of E-Communications (appointed by executive committee)
- Historian (appointed by executive committee)
- Presentation Slides from the Allegheny Mountain Section Representative to Congress (Dr. Pamela Wovchko)
- 2019 Service Award awardee: Dr. Pamela Wovchko, West Virginia Wesleyan College
- 2019 Mentor Award awardee: Dr. Jared Burns, Seton Hill University
- Thank you for a wonderful meeting at Shepherd University!
- The Spring Section Newsletter is now available; check it out by clicking here!
- In celebration of the centennial, our section historian, John Bukowski, put together an electronic version of our section's history. Please take a few moments to look back through the history of our section. It is amazing to see how our section has grown! Many thanks to John for doing such a fabulous job!!!!
Upcoming Section Meetings
- Section Meeting 2020, 3-4 April, Grove City College, Grove City, PA
- Section Meeting 2021, 9-10 April, Edinboro University, Edinboro, PA
- Section Meeting 2022, date TBD, Fairmont State University, Fairmont, WV
Other Items of Interest
Contiguous sections of the MAA
Allegheny Mountain Section
of the MAA