2018 KYMAA Annual Meeting Page
The 2018 KYMAA Annual Meeting will be held April 6-7, 2018 at
Western Kentucky University
in Bowling Green, KY.
Our invited speakers are Susan Jane Colley (Oberlin College; editor of The American Mathematical Monthly)
Counting Curves: Tales from the Enumerative Crypt, Paul Pollack (University of Georgia)
2000 years of summing divisors and
Steve Wilkinson (Northern Kentucky University; winner of the 2017 KYMAA Distinguished Teaching Award)
What Do Mathematicians Do? (How I learned to appreciate matrix decomposition).
Please follow the links below and note the important dates for the 2018 KYMAA Annual Meeting
registration and abstract submissions:
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 is the deadline for submitting abstracts for talks at the meeting.
- You must register (see below) for the meeting in order to have an abstract accepted.
- Click to open an
abstract submission form.
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 is the deadline for banquet and lunch reservations.
If you have any questions, please email our section treasurer Atilla Sit
- Online registration is closed. You will need to register at the conference.
Meeting Schedule and Abstracts:
Campus map and meeting location information
- Hyatt Place Bowling Green (2 on map)
- Parking for Hyatt is Alumni Square Garage (3 on map)
- Main conference site is Gary Ransdell Hall (81 on map)
- University Boulevard Lot one block south of Gary Ransdell Hall (conference parking).
There is no charge for parking. The red, white, and green lines of WKU transit run from this lot to Gary Ransdell Hall free of charge.
- Friday banquet is at Knicely Conference Center (ample parking available at that location) (89 on map)
- Saturday lunch is in Downing Student Union (41 on map)
Hotels in the area:
To report problems with the site please email Scott Dillery
- Hyatt Place Bowling Green
1347 Center Street, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101
There is a block of 50 rooms reserved.
25 King rooms with one king bed and a pullout sofa ($109)
25 Queen rooms with two queen beds and a pullout sofa ($119)
The block expires on March 6. Rooms will be released after that time, and the group rate will no longer be honored.
Check-in is 3pm CT.
Complimentary breakfast Saturday 7:30am-10:30am. People can either call and say they are with KYMAA to be a part
of our block and get our rate, or they can go online using the Group Code below.
Follow these steps to reserve a room:
- Go to https://bowlinggreen.place.hyatt.com/
- Choose dates between April 6, 2018
- Click on Special Rates (AAA, GOVT,...) + (This will drop down more options)
- Click on "Corporate or Group Code"
- Type in G-WKMC
- Click "Check Availability"
- From there, you can choose your room type and book a reservation
You may also wish to view the
MAA Online Disclaimer.