Welcome to the web page for the Iowa Section of the Mathematical Association of America.
We are a group of mathematicians who are
dedicated to further the development and understanding of, and instruction in, the mathematical sciences. Through this
organization, we seek to learn from one another's experiences and to encourage
our students to see the beauty and utility of mathematics.
We invite you to join us in these endeavors.
News and Upcoming Events
- You are encouraged to review a pdf of a Power Point from the MAA suggested and delivered by Al Hibbard.
- April 10,11, 2015 ~~ Midwest Undergraduate Mathematics Symposium at Simpson College in Indianola, IA
- August 5-8, 2015 -- MathFest at Washington, DC. This is the Centennial celebration. Join us.
- October 2-3, 2015 -- IA section meeting at Graceland University (content on this linked page needs updating but will be done soon - speaker will be Francis Su)
- January 6-9, 2016 -- JMM in Seattle