Welcome to the web page for the Iowa Section of the Mathematical Association of America.
We are a group of mathematicians who are
dedicated to further the development and understanding of, and instruction in, the mathematical sciences. Through this
organization, we seek to learn from one another's experiences and to encourage
our students to see the beauty and utility of mathematics.
We invite you to join us in these endeavors.
News and Upcoming Events
Iowa Section Events:
- The 23rd annual Iowa Collegiate Mathematics Competition will be held at the University of Iowa, Saturday, March 4, 2017
- 2017 IA Section Meeting at Loras College, Dubuque, TBA
- November 19, 2016 -- 2016 Midwest Sports Analytics Meeting at Central College, Pella
National MAA Meetings
- January 4-7, 2017 -- JMM in Atlanta, GA
- July 26-29, 2017 -- MathFest in Chicago, IL
Additional Section News
- Problems and solutions from the 22nd annual Iowa Collegiate Mathematics Competition are now posted on the Activites/Contest page.
- Most of the historical Iowa Section documents have now been scanned and can be found in the History section of this site. It would be helpful to provide a brief summary for each document for those wishing to peruse our history. Can you help and do some of this? For details, read the second paragraph.
- If you have input on the various models for Board restructuring, please contact Al Hibbard