Sections of the MAAStrong>**JUST IN: 2013 Section Governor Election Results**
At present, the MAA has 29 sections, which are defined by ZIP or postal code. Sections are a vital component of the MAA, and a significant part of the Association's activity is centered on them. Each section holds at least one professional meeting per year, usually in the Spring.
Section meetings include, but not limited to:
- Invited lectures
- Contributed papers
- Panel discussions
- Other activities designed to promote and improve collegiate level mathematics
Programs of upcoming section meetings, if not available via the links below, may be obtained from the appropriate section secretary.
Many sections also conduct activities that involve both high school and college students. These include:
- Sponsoring mathematics contests
- Advising state departments of education on teacher certification in the mathematical sciences
- Working with high schools and colleges on course content and curricula
- Providing lecturers to colleges and high schools
Active MAA members who reside in the United States and Canada have the benefit of being affiliated with one of 29 sections.
Find My Section
Borders for each section are roughly illustrated in the map below. Click map to see the full-sized version.