To promote excellence in mathematics education, especially at the collegiate level.
1. To foster scholarship, professional development, and professional cooperation among the various constituencies of the mathematical community within the region
2. To foster the implementation and study of recent research recommendations for the teaching, learning and assessment of collegiate mathematics
3. To support the implementation of effective mathematics preparation programs of prospective teachers at all levels
4. To enhance the interests, talents and achievements of all individuals in mathematics, especially of members of underrepresented groups
5. To provide recognition of the importance of mathematics, mathematical research and quality mathematics teaching, and promote public understanding of the same.
6. To provide regional leadership in the promotion of systemic change in mathematics education, and in the enhancement of public understanding about the needs and importance of mathematical research and education.