Fall 2019 Meeting
October 18-19, 2019
Pictures from the event:
The program for the conference is posted
Click here for bios and
Dr. James Sellers
Secretary, Mathematical Association of America
Department Head, University of Minnesota Duluth
Revisiting what Euler and the Bernoullis Knew
About Convergent Infinite Series
Associate Professor, North Dakota State
Mind Boggling Toggling
Dr. Aaron Wangberg
Professor, Winona State University
MAA-NCS Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching of
Rethinking the role of 'math' in the mathematics classroom
- Registration is $25 for everyone except students and invited speakers
(who are free). This year, we have the following registration options:
Note: For the first two options, you may also reserve (and if you wish, pay by credit card for) the Saturday luncheon as well (see details below).
- Pre-register online through the EventBrite site
and pay when you arrive using cash or check (there is no service
charge for this option).
- Pre-register and pay via credit card using the EventBrite site
which will be set up for the Fall meeting (a nominal service charge applies).
- Register and pay by cash or check at the registration table when you arrive at the conference.
- Please register for lunch using the
EventBrite site - you may pay using your credit card on the
website, or pay when you arrive at the meetings
- The fee for lunch
- The registration deadline for lunch is
Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
- RSVPs may be sent via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not
comfortable using EventBrite
Pasta bar, salad bar, soups, pizza, grill (burger bar), deli
sandwiches, desserts, brunch options.
- If you miss the
deadline and extra tickets are not available, ask for a list of
nearby eating places at registration.
Sessions and meetings will be held in Grant Center (Building 36 on map).
Lunch will be at the
on-campus dining services in
Knutson Campus Center, Anderson Commons (Building 13 on map).
- Courtyard by Marriott. Located about 6 miles from the Fargo airport and 1 mile straight south of Concordia, 1080 28th Avenue South, Moorhead, 218-284-1000.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham. Located about 7 miles from the Fargo airport and 1.8 miles south of Concordia, 2915 12th Street South, Moorhead, 218-284-4022. (King $103 without tax $113 with tax.)
- Travelodge & Suites by Wyndham. Located about 6 miles from the Fargo airport and 2.8 miles from Concordia, 3027 South Frontage Road, Moorhead, 218-233-5333.
For the Section meeting, the online discount codes are:
- Members of the AMS or MAA get 40% off using the code:
- Non-Members get 25% off using the code:
This code is valid until
November 19, 2019. It cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Members receive free shipping.