Several short courses, sponsored by nearby schools and MAA sections, will be held this spring and summer. See the MAA's Web site, http://www.maa.org/pfdev/pfdev_calendar.html, for more information on these and other programs. Space limitation do not allow us to print the details and very interesting course descriptions, but here is a brief sample:
- At Hope College, mathematicians can get some ideas for teaching introductory statistics classes.
- At Allegheny College (PA), you can find out ways to incorporate dynamical systems into various courses.
- The annual Ohio Section short course this year (at Miami University) features shuffle expert Brent Morris.
- Indiana University brings together mathematics and business faculty to develop interdisciplinary materials.
- Finally, at Messiah College (PA), one can learn ways to explore with the computer language J.
Back to the Spring Newsletter
This page is maintained by Earl D. Fife