- Florida Section of MAA
Regional Meetings Templates
<!a target="_blank" href="http://www.saintleo.edu/">
There are six regions in the Florida Section:
- Big Bend (Tallahassee area)
- Central Florida (Orlando area)
- First Coast (Jacksonville area)
- Gold Coast (Miami area)
- Suncoast (Tampa area)
- West Coast (Pensacola area)
The Executive Committee of FL-MAA encourages annual regional meetings - usually held in the Fall Semester and usually held over a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
Here are some possible templates for conducting such meetings but, clearly, regions can organize their annual meetings to fit the needs of their particular region.
Upon completion of a regional meeting, the President-elect of the Florida Section should be notified as to program, attendance, host institution, etc.
|Template I||For a Friday afternoon regional meeting|
|2:00 2:45||Contributed Papers Session I|
|3:00 3:45||Contributed Papers Session II|
|4:00 4:45||Contributed Papers Session III|
|5:00 - 6:00||Plenary|
|Template II||For a Friday afternoon regional meeting|
|3:00 3:50||Plenary I|
|4:00 4:50||Plenary II|
|5:00 5:50||Plenary III|
|Template III||For a Saturday morning regional meeting|
|9:00 9:45||Contributed Papers Session I|
|10:00 10:45||Contributed Papers Session II|
- In the Contributed Papers Sessions, presenters are given the option of doing a 45-minute presentation or a 20-minute presentation. 20-minute talks are put into the same session with a 5-minute break in-between.
- Workshops of 105-minutes are also encouraged.